Please ensure that you read the following document carefully so that you understand the terms and conditions applied at Karate for Life. It is important to us that we provide a safe, friendly, supportive atmosphere where all students can excel. You can assist us by abiding by our terms and conditions which ensure that our club runs as smoothly as possible and provides a better training environment for everyone.
Conditions of training:
- In these conditions: the association shall mean and include both Karate for Life and Kofukan Karate Australia Association, its officer, servants or agents.
- In consideration of the Association accepting my application to train with Karate for Life dojo and in further consideration of my fellow students, I hereby agree to abide by the conditions of entry, the rules, by-laws and regulations of the association.
- The association enters into this contract as the association and as agent for fellow students and instructors.
- I acknowledge that my participation in training carries with it a real risk of person injury.
- I acknowledge and agree that the association shall not be liable whether in tort or contract or otherwise for any loss or damage or injury whatsoever to my person or property whilst participation in or otherwise attending training howsoever caused or occurring including without limiting the forgoing, the negligence, breach of contract, wilful act or default of the association and whether or not such loss or damage or injury to me occurs within or adjacent to any property occupied by the association.
- I acknowledge and agree that my fellow students and instructors shall not be liable whether in tort or contract or otherwise for any loss or damage or injury whatsoever to my person or property whilst participation in or otherwise attending training, howsoever caused by or occurring including without limiting the forgoing, the negligence, breach of contract, wilful act or default of my opponent and where or not such loss or damage or injury to me occurs within or adjacent to my property occupied by the association.
- I authorize the association to contract on my behalf to exclude my liability as a fellow student or instructor whether such arises in tort or contract or otherwise for any loss or damage or injury to another competitor however caused or occurring including but without limiting the foregoing, the negligence, breach of contract, wilful act or default of myself.
- I expressly agree to and do hereby waive any rights that I may have which are in any way inconsistent with the foregoing.
In consideration of the Association accepting my child’s application to training. I agree to indemnify the association against any claims, suits or demands of any nature whatsoever whether in tort or contract or otherwise for any loss or damage or injury whatsoever to my child however caused or occurring including without limiting the foregoing, the negligence, breach of contract, wilful act or default of the association or my child’s fellow student and instructors arising out of or in the course of my child’s entry into or participation in training.
In the event that any provision or part of a provision of these conditions is held or found to be void, invalid or otherwise unenforceable it shall be deemed to be severed from the conditions to the extent of such invalidity or unacceptability but the remainder of the conditions shall remain in full force and effect.
During different events, training, outings, tournament, grading etc. it is possible that you or your child will be photographed please state below whether or not you are happy for these images to be used to promote the club either via electronic or printed copy at any time in the future with or without their/your name included. Your wishes will be respected. In agreeing to the terms and conditions …
- I give permission for my self and or my child’s images (as named in the registration form) to be used by Karate for Life. These images maybe used for promoting our club, future events and displayed on fund raising items such as calendars, t-shirts and other such items.
- Please contact us directly if you prefer for yourself of your child not to be included in our image displays.
PRESENTATION, CLOTHING AND JEWELRY
- Please present to the dojo in a clean uniform. You can wear a white non collared shirt or sports top underneath. No collars.
- Absolutely no jewelry is permitted to be worn through class. To prevent you losing your items please leave them at home.
- Keep your nails clean and trimmed.
- Come to the dojo clean and perfume free.
- Annual registration fees are payable on joining and on the twelve month anniversary of that date, until you notify us that you no longer wish to be a member of Karate for Life.
- Term training fees are payable each term before you commence training.
- If you are an enrolled student and you decide not to return the following term please inform the us during the current term so that you are not liable for ongoing term fees.
- Please consider your fee options carefully. Your selection of class type means that we have reserved a place for you in our class. There is an expectation that you will take that place for the year your membership is paid. Fees are not refundable or transferable. We cannot deduct fees because of missed classes due to family vacations, routine illness, choosing not to start at the beginning of term, choosing not to come to class or any other outside activities.
- If you are a new student then your term training fee and membership fees will become payable at the end of your trial period.
- Payments can be made at the dojo, via the link on your invoice or via eazypay.
- Kidsport vouchers are used to reduce the ongoing term training fees, that is the amount of the kidsport voucher is divided across the four training terms.
- There is no training during school holidays or on public holidays.